I’m reminiscing a little with this week’s blog. As I head toward another birthday this weekend I am reminded of a celebration I had two years ago. It was the trip of a lifetime travelling through France and Italy for 30 days. Spending a week in Paris was a long held dream and celebrating mutual birthdays with a long-time friend was a highlight. The places, people and memories I will cherish forever. I also did manage to do a bit of shopping, hoping to replicate some of the style and elegance that Parisians are noted for. Is it true that Parisians seem to have a self-assured elegance? ..READ MORE
Creating any sort of impact whether it is with the wider community at large or your own small business community requires a blend of charisma and creativity. That sounds like a pretty tall order – particularly if you are a bit shy or don’t feel that you have anything unique to offer. Perhaps it is a matter of just being approachable and likeable and creating something that is of value to others. ..READ MORE
Networking is networking – right? Well not really. I think that women’s business groups, an association event with a guest speaker and these types of events are forums where the networking scenario is a lot more acceptable. Networking i.e. meeting people with a view to building professional relationships and potentially helping each other in the future with work or referrals, is often secondary to “selling” at a trade show. ..READ MORE
- Do Personal Brand Manners Matter?
- 7 Tips to Style Your Personal Brand Photo
- How to Look Good on Stage
- How to Improve the Sound of Your Voice
- Do You Have a Brand Plan for Your Business?
- Beware of These Barriers to Confident Communication
- Eight Tips to Manage a TV Interview
- This is How to Write a Media Release
- Build Buzz for Your Brand with Publicity
- Does Your Visual Communication Convey Leadership?