I began my media career for Prime Television in Wagga Wagga, a regional city in Australia. I clearly recall the day when Prime flew me down from Sydney for the audition. I was absolutely petrified. They sat me on the set, put the autocue up in front of me and said, “Action!” Well, my palms were sweating, my knees where shaking, my voice was somewhere up in my throat…but somehow I did get through it and passed the audition test. I was later offered the job as newsreader. When we’re asked to do a media interview, we need to put this fear or nervousness into perspective. We do not want to lose this opportunity to showcase our personal brand or business. ..READ MORE
One client I worked with was invited to speak on a panel at an industry conference. This presenting opportunity was a chance to showcase his personal brand and company brand. Now that could have been okay – just answering the questions put to him by the chair of the panel. But by understanding the true objective of this engagement he was able to maximise the opportunity and ended up gaining media exposure – a further way to grow his brand. ..READ MORE
- How to Look Good on Stage
- How to Improve the Sound of Your Voice
- Do You Have a Brand Plan for Your Business?
- Beware of These Barriers to Confident Communication
- Eight Tips to Manage a TV Interview
- This is How to Write a Media Release
- Build Buzz for Your Brand with Publicity
- Does Your Visual Communication Convey Leadership?
- Try This Step by Step Approach to Stand Out
- Top Ten Work Wardrobe Classics